Photogrammetry is the science that deals with the determination in time and space of fixed, mobile or deformable objects and their photographic, graphic or numerical representation based on photos.
We perform data collection using drones or UAV. Unmanned aerial vehicle, commonly known as drone is a small aircraft without pilot which is controlled from distance based on a flight plan or with a remote
This aircrafts are equipped with sensors, GPS and a high resolution or infrared camera used for taking several photographs. This photographs can be georeferenced using ground control points resulting in a high resolution orthophotomap. Also, using specialized software you can obtain the digital model of the terrain or “a point cloud”.
Application of photogrammetry:
- topographic measurements and the realization of: orthophotomap, digital terrain model, raster images
- volumetric calculations
- inspection of power lines, gas lines, bridges, dams
- monitoring national parks
- forests monitoring
- monitoring agricultural crops
- monitoring archeological sites